AMMONIA SPIIKE?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

first-timer89

Aquarium Advice Freak
How much will my ammonia spike on my 75 gallon when I add 6 pounds of LR that is half way cured? I bought it at my local petco. It is fiji and i bought it because i saw 3 crabs and one shrimp on the pices I got. they let me pick through it looking for critters. I allrady have 12 pounds that i used to cycle. Thanks for the help.

The 12 pounds you have in there now will likely not be enough to consume the waste from the new rock so you might get some ammonia. Could be a big issue, could end up being nothing. You are going to have to check the water parameters youself and see how it goes.

It is usually reccomend that you cure the rock yourself if you are in doubt, then add it to the tank once it is cured.

i was wondering because I only have a shrimp and some crabs and was wondering if it would be big enough spike to harm them. Thanks for the input :)

Doubt if 6lbs will hurt 75 gallons of water. Just keep an eye on the ammonia and have some fresh salt mix standing by, just in case.

Back
Top Bottom