Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquali

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What would be the minimum size you recommend for doing an anemone tank (just one) with a pair of clownfish, my mom is thinking a 10 gallon but I think that not only do the fish need something bigger but the anemone does to. Opinions?

A 10 gallon isn't really big enough for a grown clown. My clown is 2 years old and 3 inches long so I wouldn't put it by itself in anything less than a 25 gallon tank and he is one of 4 fish in my 55.

I have a bubble tip that is nearly 7 inches across when fully opened and it probably is about 6 months old. It is a clone so I know it will do well in my tank. My clown decided it would rather host some sand instead of it the anemone, It is about 9 months old now and growing fast.

If possible upgrade to a larger tank and wait a year at least before getting an anemone. Even clones need perfect conditions.
img_1711384_0_3fce0fe31037f26dd11205c0717c3539.jpg

This was 2 days after I got it. I have had mine for a month and it has doubled in size at least. Make sure you get a tank raised clone and you will have a better chance at keeping it alive. There is a lot of work when it comes to anemones and keeping them happy and healthy.

Back
Top Bottom