Clowns stealing anemone food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knuckles23

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Not sure if this is common or not. I got my first anemone (white Bubble tipped) a few days ago. I fed it a piece 1/4 inch silver.. It took it, and kicked it out, after it was all picked apart.. Tried a piece of uncooked shrimp today.. clownfish, went right in and took it.. and then the crabs/snails loved it. How do you guys get around this? and How do you get the clowns to actually hang outin the anemone. Only one gets close, but it looks as if he is more or less looking for food. Any advice is appreciated!

It may not be hungry at this point. The clowns also may never host it or decide they want to host something else.

I agree with Scott that they might not ever host the coral. Mine ignored my anenome and hosted two different corals. I`ve heard that clowns will steal food from anenomes when you feed them but I`ve also heard that if you feed the clown he will take it to the anenome and feed it. Try that and see if it works.

Back
Top Bottom