Coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mcm

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had my aquarium for about one year. I have not a lot of luck with coral. I do have some frog spawn that is doing really well. I had a mushroom, but it disappeared for a while and now it is in the sand under the rocks. It is much smaller now. Is there something I should do with this mushroom and what corals should I try. I have not had a lot of luck finding coral here in the panhandle of Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What lights are you using? Keeping up on waterchanges? What salt do you use? What fish do you have?

All of these would effect the ability to keep coral. Ordering coral online is always an option. It's not as bad as it seems.

I have had xenias, polyps and the mushroom that is now in hiding. I lost a few because I let the salinity get too low. The last Xenia that I lost happened over a weekend. I was out of town and there was a malfunction with the lighting. When I got home the lights were off and where the Xenias were was just an empty shell. The frog spawn was affected, but it pulled through and looks fine now.

I am using "Current" LED lighting. I do water changes about once a month buying salt water from the fish store. I do have a protein skimmer as well. The fish population currently consists of two clownfish, one yellow tang, and one fox face rabbit fish.

I'm not sure where alkalinity is currently. I have not taken a water sample lately.

That is the light that I have. It is a 75 Gallon aquarium. I will check the parameters. Are there any hearty corals that would be good to start with. Also, what should I do with the mushroom that is down in the sand user the rocks. Should I try snd move it, or should I just let it be.

What lights are you using? Keeping up on waterchanges? What salt do you use? What fish do you have?

All of these would effect the ability to keep coral. Ordering coral online is always an option. It's not as bad as it seems.

I have not tried ordering on line. I looked at some on eBay, but I was afraid to buy based on pictures. From what I saw the shipping was higher than the coral

If you find a seller with several things you like they will normally combine shipping if you msg them

90 gal reef; 29gal bio cube

Thanks. Good information. Are there any dealers that are preferred.

Back
Top Bottom