Coral parasites?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlexRoerden

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So today I bought a Zoa frag and quickly after I placed it in my tank I noticed some bug crawling on it. Right away I took it out and investigated the coral and a fatal of 7 little buggers came off of the frag! Are they coco pods or parisites and if they are coco pods can I add them to my 3 month old tank. IMG_9596.jpg

I'm not sure what a coco pod is, but that is just a run of the mill pod that you'll find in your tank. A good guy, no problem. Any coral parasites you'd be looking for are flatworms and nudibranch until SPS gets other things that like to nibble, in general.

I'm not sure what a coco pod is, but that is just a run of the mill pod that you'll find in your tank. A good guy, no problem. Any coral parasites you'd be looking for are flatworms and nudibranch until SPS gets other things that like to nibble, in general.

Would assume he meant copepods.

So today I bought a Zoa frag and quickly after I placed it in my tank I noticed some bug crawling on it. Right away I took it out and investigated the coral and a fatal of 7 little buggers came off of the frag! Are they coco pods or parisites and if they are coco pods can I add them to my 3 month old tank. View attachment 321959

Harmless. But, I recommend dipping all corals before you add them to the tank. Next time you may bring in something you don’t want, like flatworms, or other pests. Get something like Coral RX and try to be diligent about putting things in your tank that can lead to headaches and potential tank disasters.

Back
Top Bottom