Coralife Super Skimmer 200 - Dimension ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Serpentman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have ordered a new skimmer (Coralife 220) as I took the junk I had back. I realize its not the best out there but it fits my initial startup budget.

However, in hindsite, I downloaded a copy of the user manual and it says to make sure the tank is 8" from a wall to use as a HOB. Wouldn't you know it but my tank is 7" from the wall. Does anyone have the actual physical dimensions of this unit from the front to back? Will 7" cut it?

Otherwise, I may have to invest in a sump eariler than I expected.

Most sites list it as 6" x 8" x 25.5" but I’m not sure if that’s 6” or 8” deep. I think the first 6" reference is the diameter of the round part so you may just have enough room. Or if possible you could hang it off the side.

You can’t use it in the sump?

Cheapest I found it was for $99 at pet-king

Thanks for the link. I opted for the needle wheel version which ran $149 from Foster & Smith.

I saw the dimensions listed as well and was equally confused. I am assuming the cylinder is 6x6.

Currently, I do not have a sump. I have the pump but need to get a tank and overflow. I am planning on using a 29gallon aquarium (or maybe even a rubbermaid container) as it about the only size that will fit under my stand. Any idea where I can pick up an inexpensive overflow?

I have hit a brick wall on my initial cost budget as I am ordering a RO/DI system and all the test kits next week. I was planning on adding a sump and HOB refugium sometime over the summer.

The needle wheel version is worth it. I’d use the 29 gal versus the Rubbermaid since the tub can warp and crack over time. The 29 gal usually runs around $40. I know there are cheap overflows on Ebay but I be leery of “getting what you pay for”.

I use the CPR CS102 Overflow hooked up to a Maxi-Jet 1200 for the siphon. A lot of people don’t like these but I’ve never had any issues with them.

Thanks. I hope to add the sump with dead rock sometime in late May/early June as I am trying to spread out the costs.

As with everything so far, I am probably off but I am figuring on spending over the next couple of months:

RO/DI - $100
Test Kits - $100
Timers, etc. - $50
Sump - $40-50
Overflow - $50-100
Misc (tubes, etc). - $50
Refugium - $150

Total: ~$600

Serpentman said:
Refugium - $150
I thought you were doing a HOB Refugium? USA-Aquarium has them from $25-$50 plus shipping. Still have to add a pump, lr rubble, sand, and algae but that shouldn't run but another $20-$40.

tecwzrd said:
Serpentman said:
Refugium - $150
I thought you were doing a HOB Refugium? USA-Aquarium has them from $25-$50 plus shipping. Still have to add a pump, lr rubble, sand, and algae but that shouldn't run but another $20-$40.

Not yet. Its definitely in the works. Thanks again for the link. That should save me about some $$ (for a change, lol!)

Back
Top Bottom