Coraline Algae Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdnelson99

Aquarium Advice Addict
First one is kind of a "Scratch your head" kind of question.

1. My tank and most of the ones I have seen seem to have coraline growing on the back but not so much on the sides and front. After two months I have a handul of spots on the front and side but a bunch on the back. Is it just because it is hard to get the mag cleaner to back side and therefore it only gets it about once a week instead of evey couple of days?

2. I don't have a background on my tank and have not painted it. I think I just want to let the coraline go crazy on the back. Any thoughts on what that would look like and would it have any ill affects on my system?

From what I have read and seen, most people either have their LR stacked up and it leans against the back glass so they just let the CA just run wild cause it is pretty with all the colors it can be and the fact that they can't get a mag or a scraper back there to clean it.

It all depends on what you like, what looks good to you may be not as pleasing to the next. Based on your signature, i think you should ask your lovely wife...seeing as it's a present to her...lol. Plus you two are going to be looking at it the most, so whatever you think is great to me. I like the look of the colors personally.

Based on your signature, i think you should ask your lovely wife...seeing as it's a present to her...lol.

LOL Only problem with that is her response is always "Whatever you think is best" until two months down the road when she says "Why in the world would you have done that?". LOL :facepalm:

Thanks for the reply. :)

LOL, isn't that how it always goes. Your only defense would be, "Well...I did ask you" but we all know that comes back to bite us in a bum. I took a peek at your tank, looks great, love the fire shrimp and the clowns. I'm working on my first SW tank now, fire shrimp, skunk cleaners and clowns will be my first purchase :)

LOL, isn't that how it always goes. Your only defense would be, "Well...I did ask you" but we all know that comes back to bite us in a bum. I took a peek at your tank, looks great, love the fire shrimp and the clowns. I'm working on my first SW tank now, fire shrimp, skunk cleaners and clowns will be my first purchase :)

Thanks, I appreciate it. The hardest part is picking a stock list. The clowns and fire shrimp were a no brainer. I had to be talked into the 6 Line Wrasse but am very happy I got him. The 3 emerald crab were because I had a bit of bubble algae but now I really like them as well. One even dances for me every time I feed. LOL Here is a video.

Dancing Emerald Crab 1 - YouTube

Good luck on your tank. Lets see some pictures. :)

Back
Top Bottom