cycling question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
okay.....when u want to do PWC, u might need heater to heat the water and match it with your DT.....a powerhead so that the salt can mix properly within 24hours...but for pH im not so sure.....some said that lights can help in maintaining water pH...but i did some dosing on increasing the pH and kH....maybe u need someone expert in pH answer it for u....sory fren...

ol heater..??? u mean old heater..??? sory.... :D
as long as your heater can heat the water, that will be good...
btw, as someone mentioned a lot in other thread, u need 2 heater in your setup in order to avoid heater failure in future.....

btw, how your system setup..??? what kind of tank u willing to build...??? reef tank, FO tank or FOWLR...??? any sump..??? u might want to inform that so other people can help u better..... :D

hahaha....now only i know what do u mean by ph....powerhead..???:crazyeyes:
i taught ph for water......:zook:that is why i said earlier lights can maintain pH.....:confused:
anyway, back to topic....what is your filter...?? using canister..??? is that the only things u have...???

so u only have skimmer and LR for filter...?? for FOWLR tank, it might be ok...but u might want to add other than that in future if u plan to have reef tank....sump will be good advantage....

nope....try to search anyone here for their build up thread...u might understand/know what i mean.... :D

Also, you want to do a 10% pwc weekly or 20% every other week. You'll need 2 x 5 gallon buckets at a minimum, but would be better off getting a 20 gallon BRUTE trashcan to mix your pwc water in. You want a small power head in the can to keep the water mixed and aerated, and a heater to match the temp of the display tank.

Just saw that you have a 60 gallon tank and you only have 12 pounds of rock in it. That is nowhere near enough for biological filtration. You need 1 - 2 pounds (60 -120 pounds) of rock along with a quality protein skimmer, or you will need to be very diligent with large pwc's every week.

thanks cmor. I will be getting more LR soon, just found a place that sells it for 2/lbs (Fiji). abd thanks for trying to explain it;)

just got got another 25 lbs of LR and after a few hours I saw a red worm with spikes next to the decaying shrimp, so I goto the reference page and find out it's a bristle worm :) I guess the thing got hungry!

It says it's good for the tank

Back
Top Bottom