DIY LEDs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rich440

Aquarium Advice Activist
I need some opinions on LEDs because I'm thinking about making my own lighting system to save some money

I just bought a true lumens strip by current. It only cost $185 for a 48 inch strip, my tank is 60in. It has 50,000 hours life, and gives off 12,000K.

Does it work for your corals?

And the a little over half the size of my tank n I don't want it bright in the middle and dim on the ends

There are some great utube videos on building LED light modules. You would likely want 2-3 modules mounted front-back versus side-side. Gives you the option of a better mixture of actinc and white lights as well.

Good luck

72 in. Long
24 in. Front to back
And 24 tall
It's a 150 gallon tank

Nice tank some day i will up grade
And am going to follow along to see how it goes am interesting in maybe learning more on led

I spent so much money on truelumen pro strips. Had 6 - 12" strips over my nano. Dont buy them. They suck for corals. My corals died. I was only able to keep zoas with no growth. I ended up upgrading to a 120 watt panel and using the strips for supplemetal lighting.

Back
Top Bottom