duncan coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikej2275

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a duncan coral for about two weeks. It has looked good the whole time except for the past two days. It starts to come out but only a little and goes right back in. It is about 4 inches off the bottom of the tank with little flow. Is this normal or should I try moving it to a different location. All water levels are normal.

What are your water parameters?

Size tank?

Flow?

Lighting?

Other corals nearby?

My water parameters are all in range. The oh was a little low at 7·8 so I did and some buffer. It is a 20 gallon tank with 18 watt orbit marine led. They are on 70%. The water flow is low in that area. The only other corals near it is a hammer coral about 6 inches away and some button corals about 4 inches in the other direction.

I find mine likes low flow but also took a few days to open and now it's getting huge!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Don't panic mine did the same but I notice it will do that before it grows.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mine likes little flow and medium lights

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The Hammer corals have sweeper tentacles which come out at night. They sting other corals nearby and can reach up to 6", so if your Duncan coral is around 6" apart from hammer I suggest moving it further away? It may not be the case that it was stung but it is possible.

Back
Top Bottom