evaporation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrsfuller2572

Aquarium Advice Activist
Okay, lights are mounted about 6" above water level. The tank is open and ofcourse, as expected evaporating. No big deal. The problem is that the water is 'spritzing' out. The acrylic light cover already has some salt on it from the spritzing. The lfs suggested putting glass panels on the little shelf around the top of the tank, but due to the cords from the ph and the light brackets, that wouldn't work. The ph are 6" and 8" below the water line. Should I lower them more? Any ideas to keep the evaporation to a minimum and keep the light cover clear?

The surface aggitaion that is causing the salt creep on your lights is a good thing for the water, but bad for the lights. Just clean them on a regualr basis and you will be fine.

You can move the phs a little lower ot not point them as straight up. You don't need the surface agitation to look like a fountian, more like soft ripples.

The problem is that the water is 'spritzing' out.
Are the phs doing this or your output from your filter?

Remember, the water will evaporates, not the salt.

ph's. In order to have a good current, I also have lotes of bubbles coming from them, thus giving me little water sprinkles. I did move them lower last night and altered their direction which seems to help. Soft ripples, less sprinkles. They're not tilted etc. exactly as the directions in the box says to, but again it helped.
So, add plain ro water to keep salinity right, as evaporation occurs?
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom