Future 180 Gallon Upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I lost the foxface and a yellow tang.

I added a flame angel a clam

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I believe its called a deresa clam

Anenome situation. I started off with 2 and now I have 5. In this picture you see what use to be one very large RBTA. It had split into 2. I dimmed my middle led lights because I have clownfish eggs beneath the RBTA and I read somewhere to dim the light for the eggs. I did this about 3 days ago and now the BTA split into 3 and one of them looks like its splitting again. I should have a total of 6 soon. Whats going on?

You cant see it too good but right behind the clownfish is the 3 rbta.

I'd be returning things to normal. In all reality, the clown eggs are cool...until you realize that they are fancy food for your tank inhabitants. It takes a separate setup to try and raise them. So, I wouldn't make special accommodations for them considering that.

When it comes to the anemone splitting, this is normally a response to stress as Todd stated. I wouldn't look to it as being directly from the light, but combine that in with the clowns being in and around it with the eggs can also irritate an anemone. As long as there wasn't any drastic changes in the tank I would put the lighting back to normal and continue on like normal.

Anyone use the BRS dual reactor?
I am running the media the opposite way it suggest to run it. I have the DT water coming into the carbon first and then the gfo. The reactor suggest you run it with the gfo first. This way I need to slow the rate of the pump to not tumble the gfo too much. The way I have it I can run the pump maxed out and not have to worry about the gfo tumbling too much.

Yeah I'm thinking of using my dual reactor for carbon only and buying a single reactor to run my gfo.

Still no luck with my aiptasia and they seem to be getting pretty big. I havent tried the kalk paste because of where they are located. I tried peppermint shrimp but they all disappeared. I think my coral bandit shrimps got to them. I tried a copperband butterfly fish and that did not work either. Anyone know of any other natural methods? I was going to try acouple nudibranch but I think my shrimp would eat them.

Anyone know of a good pump capable of pumping water 15 feet up into the attic from my WC station to my DT?

I'm planning on making my WC a lot easier. I am thinking of using the same brute garbage container for my ato and wc. Is this a bad idea? I normally have ro water in the container all the time. When I need to do a wc I'll add the salt and mix for a day. The whole container gets emptied out and new ro water gets filled. I have seen some mixing stations where they have seperate containers.

I do the same thing. I use a brute for holding ro/di and pull from that to top off. Then at WC time I add salt and empty it into the tank. Been doing it for over a year with no issues.

I'm having my xenia take over my tank. Anyone have a good remedy to getting rid of them?

Wont they just grow back?

Back
Top Bottom