GBOY & NUNU 30 gal saltwater build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gboy66

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys! My brother NuNu and i have a saltwater tank in the making!! So far we have a 30 gallon tank with
35 lbs base rock
4 lbs live rock
2 korolia 750's
1 AC70
And a 2 bulb PC light but are currently looking at upgrading to 4 bulb T5HO.

We cycled the tank in 3 weeks, and then have added in this order..5 hermits and 5 snails, peppermint shrimp, an occ. Clown, and just yesterday a cleaner shrimp, frogspawn, and green candycane coral!!

Our stock list so far is

Sw Stock List

1 occerellis clownfish
1 yellow/black midas blenny
1 Orange stripe prawn goby
1 gramma
1 flasher wrasse
1 bangaii cardinal (if room-not definite)

2 cleaner shrimp
1 peppermint shrimp
1 micheals pistol shrimp
1 fire shrimp (eventually)
1 emerald crab
10 hermit crabs
10 snails

We are really excited so far and love help!! Thanks for following..pics!!

Attachments

• image-3491628437.jpg
    image-3491628437.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 139
  • image-2350653257.jpg
    image-2350653257.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 150
  • image-634020152.jpg
    image-634020152.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 171
  • image-1800074230.jpg
    image-1800074230.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 160
  • image-3075959342.jpg
    image-3075959342.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 149
  • image-2479521103.jpg
    image-2479521103.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 140
  • image-2255440072.jpg
    image-2255440072.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 147
Hey i am his brother, and we are excited to start up this thread which will probably be a journal of our whole build :) woul love to have you guys follow, we will try and make it interesting! Haha thank ya

EriksFish315 said:
Sounds like the build is all done and up and running. Seems like its coming along nice.

Nice we got followers! Haha and ya it took alot of planning and help from people on here for us to get this far!

EriksFish315 said:
Sounds like the build is all done and up and running. Seems like its coming along nice.

Lol, its coming along. We have created it though, mainly to keep everyone updated on new purchases and additions! We are new, too. Therefore, we have lots of questions!!

Lol, its coming along. We have created it though, mainly to keep everyone updated on new purchases and additions! We are new, too. Therefore, we have lots of questions!!
Cool, I like watching people's threads for new purchases. :) I will be happy to answer questions, it is so much fun!

redsea said:
Cool, I like watching people's threads for new purchases. :) I will be happy to answer questions, it is so much fun!

Thanks!!! So we added our clown 10 days ago, could we get another fish this weekend? Which one?

IMO, I would say yes. I think any of your fish on your list would be fine. :) If you wanted to be really safe you could always go in order of the amount of aggression.

redsea said:
IMO, I would say yes. I think any of your fish on your list would be fine. :) If you wanted to be really safe you could always go in order of the amount of aggression.

Cool!! We will have to earn some money though, we were looking at a new light fixture!

And which on the list would be the next most peaceful? I dont want to add the cardinal yet, as were not dure about him.

Could we replace the cardinal with a chalk bass and get that? Or maybe get the goby/shrimp pair?

The next most peaceful would probably be the Gramma or Midas (According to LA).

If you go with the Goby/Shrimp pair, I wouldn't get any of the other shrimp on the list. I say this because we think that carey's pistol shrimp has been killing her other shrimp.

redsea said:

If you go with the Goby/Shrimp pair, I wouldn't get any of the other shrimp on the list. I say this because we think that carey's pistol shrimp has been killing her other shrimp.

Gramma or midas, got it:)

Really?! That is a BUMMER!

Gramma or midas, got it:)

Really?! That is a BUMMER!

Yep, I think everything should get along, lol! :)

Also, this is kind of random, but I think it is important to say. Some corals like zoos have, emit toxins that can be deadly. It isn't just zoas either. I just recently learned this, and I have been doing SW since 2007, so I wanted to pass it on.

redsea said:

Yes i know they are very agressive but the michaels, tiger, and randallis (sp) are not agressive from what i have heard and read... The randallis is very small so i dont think it can do much harm. Thanks for the input, we hve been on the edge about wether we should get it..

Yes i know they are very agressive but the michaels, tiger, and randallis (sp) are not agressive from what i have heard and read... The randallis is very small so i dont think it can do much harm. Thanks for the input, we hve been on the edge about wether we should get it..

That's great that there are non-aggressive types too, I learn something new everyday!

Glad I could be of assistance! :-D

redsea said:
Yep, I think everything should get along, lol! :)

Also, this is kind of random, but I think it is important to say. Some corals like zoos have, emit toxins that can be deadly. It isn't just zoas either. I just recently learned this, and I have been doing SW since 2007, so I wanted to pass it on.

Zoas really? So when do they emitt these toxins, and why? Should i not get them?

We just have to get the pistol shrimp..ill get a reputably nice type too. We just have too lol

EriksFish315 said:
Just be very cautious and where gloves when handling them.

Will do..im more worried about my pricey cleaner shrimp though!!:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom