Getting started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bender

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so at some point within the next 5 years id like to have a massive saltwater tank in my home....only thing is I know NOTHING about salt tanks. are there links (besides ones stickied) that explain it from the very basics on up? I am talking like how to mix saltwater basic.....basically step by step guide? any help would be awesome....if not Google here I come!:king:

... I am talking like how to mix saltwater basic.....basically step by step guide? ...

I would recommend doing what I did for many months, before I even purchased any equipment: Pick a subject and use the "search" feature here to find a ton of posts about whatever it is you're after. You won't find a step-by-step guide, but you'll read many different ideas/ways to deal with what it is you're wondering about. It'll be overwhelming at times, but understanding the different ways to run a tank will help you figure out how YOU want to run YOUR tank. You'll find a lot of good pieces of info tucked away in this website. And unlike other reef sites out there, on our nifty site, you don't have to read through 16 pages of flames and arguing over some obtuse issue of reefkeeping to find the good stuff!

Back
Top Bottom