Glass cutting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rilesjr44

Aquarium Advice Activist
Bought a 60 gal marineland heartland aquarium from petsmart it says tempered glass on the bottom does anyone kno if the sides are tempered also. I want to cut a hole for my over flow instead of using a hob

I'd contact the manufacturer. I emailed Aqueon about my 55 gal. They said if I bought the tank alone, only the bottom is tempered, but if it was sold as a kit, it might have tempered side panels.

You could try looking at it with polarized sunglasses.

Normally sides are not tempered in smaller tanks. Larger tanks (6'+)need to protect against bowing out so they temper the sides.

Did you ever figure out if your tank was tempered or not??? I have the same tank and would love to drill mine... But I'm afraid too... :/

I did only tempered on the bottom mine drilled fine here's a pic with the overflow on the upper left corner.

image-3299563404.jpg

Yeah built the canopy and stand the one it came with was too short and I couldn't put a sump under it built one for my 75gal RR also check it out

image-1858165266.jpg

Attachments

• image-3915205741.jpg
    image-3915205741.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 78
Wow you did an amazing job!!! Props to you! :) thanks for the idea I wasn't sure if the tank could be drilled. And the base looks awesome! Was thinking of configuring the base to modify a sump but I love the way you made your base. :) thanks for planting some ideas for me. :)

Thanks a lot it took a while lol I have my display tank over flow to my seahorse tank then that over flows to my sump where I have my heater skimmer reactor and then back to the DT here's some more pics

image-1230490410.jpg

Attachments

• image-3707359791.jpg
    image-3707359791.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 97
  • image-512412885.jpg
    image-512412885.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 74
  • image-1500734889.jpg
    image-1500734889.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 89
Also just made a cat hang out on one side she loves watching my trigger swim

image-1783624114.jpg

That is another tank in the door for your seahorses? I thought it was a framed picture of your tank... That is crazy plumbing there. I'd love to know more about that.

That's way awesome! Totally love the whole configuration! I bought an overflow box thinking I couldn't drill my heartland tank. But I'm stoked to know I can ... Thanks for that.... I'm still working out the stuff that I want to put in it.. Still have it set up as a freshwater tank. I look forward to drilling it. :)

@goldfish yeah it's a huge difference once u go salt water you will love it @sniperhank what would u like to kno?

Here's the seahorse tank they should be here next week

image-340029237.jpg

Back
Top Bottom