hair algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
i have been having bad hair algae and im doing all i can to keep my water perfect but iv had enough i pulled most of the live rock out that was coated in it out and im drying it will this be okay i know i should just keep at it but its hard also im doing a bare bottom tank so it was covered in hair algae i scraped it with a razor and had the siphone going too to suck it up :) please any other suggestions will be appreciated

Best way I found to deal with it was to get a bucket of tank water and pinch it off the rock and remove it from tank into bucket with water then rinse fingers in bucket, keep doing till all gone then your cuc should keep on top off it as they only eat the short new bits that grow. Mexican turbos are good at keeping it at bay if do the above but might die after if not a large tank as they eat a lot.
I would leave the rock in tank as drying it out will kill any good stuff on rock and will need to cure it again.

Back
Top Bottom