Hawaiian yellow tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jjh302

Aquarium Advice Freak
This is a two part question;

1: yesterday I bought a small yellow tang and ever since he my DT home, my ocellaris clowns hide up in the corner of my tank. Will they eventually come back down once they get used to their new housemate? Should I rehome the clowns?

2: so I put some nori on a heavy tile for said tang to eat. 5 minutes later I see one of my emerald crabs dragging the heavy tile by the rubberband, taking it deep into the rock structure. How do I stop this? This is the way the the tang has been used to eating since in captivity. Any suggestions?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406465323.789895.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No 100g

1 I imagine they'll start acting normal again in a few days, just give it some time.
2 get a magnetic clip and clip the nori higher up on the side of the tank so the crab can't get to it.

1. That was my hope.

2. That was my thought but I didn't know if fish are smart enough to know to look other places for their food.

The Tang will find the good. My Yellow Tang and Spotted Rabbitfish are on the clip/nori before I even stick it on the side of my tank.

X2.. put it on mag holder...he will come..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom