HELP FAST

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seacat

Aquarium Advice Freak
I woke up this morning and noticed that threw the night my tank got kinda cloudy. so i tested water, and everything was good at zero and my ph was at 7.0. So i did a water change anyway (6 gallon on a 20 gallon tank). Then i came home tonight and my tank is 20x's worse. The water tests fine. I turned the lights on to make sure my fish were still alive. And they seemed fine. The only thing is my water is CLOUDY! i can barely see my heater on the other side. HELP PLEASE!
thanks
seacat

Info... info... info... more info needed ;)

Is it a new tank? Did you add anything in new lately? Did you move your powerheads around at all? Anything new? Anything else will help. Water tests fine? What levels are they?

no tank is about 5 months now. and everything has been in there ever since

What exactly did you test for?

Also does it look like particles floating like new sand had been added or just cloudy?

Sounds dumb, but my Tomato will kick up sand everywhere with her tail everytime she feels her home is threatened. She causes my water to look bad in a 75g.

PH is 7.0??? That is very low. I would slowly buffer the water to raise it to at least 8.0.
Would also do a large water change and maybe run some carbon to see if that may clear it up.
If your PH is that low, please move quickly.

nitrite, nitrate, ph, ammonia. no its just supppppppppppper cloudy. and ya i know my tomato does the tail thing too. (really cool!) exept thats not what it is because its just cloudy water. not like little sand particules in the water.
thanks alot for the quick replys

sorry i ment 8 im just typing fast in the dark. the ph is at 8. my bad.

and i am also running new carbon on it since i did a water change like 6 hours ago.

also...could cyano have anything to do with it. i have some in my tank. that was the main reason for the water change and i also added more calcium. could that have anything to do with it

I second the ca precipitation. That was the first thing to come to mind when I read you added calcium.

Was is Liquid Calcium, or 2 part?

Also when did you add it?

Its white cloudy water. And i dont have a way to test my calcium. It was Raises Calcium levels, By Seachem. I added it to the water change that i did yesterday.

Will my fish be okay? There are swimming around and look perfectly normal.

Back
Top Bottom