Help on witch size of wavemaker to get

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bax71

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok need some advice on wavemakers. I want to get 2 wavemakers for my 55 gal. DT My LR will be down the center of the tank . I'm running a mag 9.5 return pump. I'm setting up for a reef tank and know there will need to be alot flow for it .Don't know what size of wavemakers to get . Both wavemaker will be on the same end , one on each side of the rock . What can you tell me on this . I don't want to go to high or to low :confused:

Check out korlias 1050, I run a mag 7 and two of these plenty of flow on a 75. Maybe one 1050 and the next size down I think a 700 should flow well.

What type of corals are you thinking of? some like a low flow and some like a lot My tank is mostly SPS so i run a lot of flow 10k gph in a 180 gl. just to give an idea.

I was thinking of running a little of all kinds if able to . This is going to be my 1st reef tank I had a fish only about 12 years ago .

Ok then id go with two of the 1050's that will give you a good mix of flows some areas will have a high flow and some a lower flow. Id start with soft corals first some Zoas mushrooms then move on to LPS most SPS are a bit harder to keep as they tend to like a very stable system.

Thanks for the info. Would 1300 be to strong for the tank ? Should I run both at one time or get a wave maker timer for them to

I run both at the same time with the flows aimed at each other this gives a nice random flow through the tank.Two 1300's will work well you can make lower flow areas buy placing rock to interrupt the flow

Back
Top Bottom