How do I feed a skunk cleaner shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

20 20

Aquarium Advice Freak
Finally went and got some livestock for my new 29 gallon tank, a false perc and a skunk cleaner shrimp. The perc is a little pig, eats flakes and pellets like crazy. But, of course, didn't do my homework on the shrimp, and was wondering how I should feed it. Is it strictly a scavenger, so I don't actually feed it anything specific, or do I need to actually feed it? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Most shrimp will eat the same types of food as the fish. My cleaners and peppermints eat frozen brine, silverside pieces, crabcakes, flakes, etc. They really grow and molt frequently eating leftovers they can catch before the crabs get there.

My cleaners beat the fish to the food. I agree with the others, they will eat whatever food you put in the tank.

Thanks for the replies. I've only had it since Saturday, and the 2 times I've fed, it hasn't come out to find food. I'll keep an eye on it.

He's probably still a bit shy. The way you described the clown's feeding habits (piggish), the shrimp may be a little cautious still.

Back
Top Bottom