Hows the Stock sound? :-/

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JesseMessykinn

Aquarium Advice Freak
Right now my Stock list is id say about full but im not really sure. Ill do a tank spec let me know what you think.

55G Tank with 10g sump. Will be upgrading to 20g fuge within a few months.
40-45lbs of live rock
2 100 Watt heater
Seaclone protein skimmer (Self Modded)(Yes it does skim alot better then before modded)
BRS GFO Reactor with GFO and Carbon

Fsh stock:
Pair of Clownfish
Firefish
Sixline wrasse
Green mandarin
Yellow watchman goby
3 Coral Catfish (I do plan to rehome in the neat future)
2 Green Cromis
2 Banggii Cardinals

Inverts
Unknown amount of Snails, Hermit Crabs, and Misc
1 Sand shifting starfish

Corals
Toadstool leather
2 frags of GSP
Frag of Dragoneye zoas
Frag of Pom Pom Xenia (Tripled in size)
Duncan coral (5-8 heads)
Kenya tree leather

I do a water change once a week 10-15g w/ RODI water, using reef crystals. Empty Skimmer cup about once a week, and Normal Change filter sock during WC, going to start changing more often.

Feeding Mysis, Brine Shrimp, clopeeze, and blood worms 4-5 times a week.(Not all at once, I switch it up.)

I would say you are fully stocked. I keep 7 small fish in my 55g but you have much better filtration. Are you wanting more or thinking about an upgrade ;)

Thinking of adding a few more chromis and thats it, for that. Bigger tank is deffently in the future, but not till i move probly. Shooting for bare min 120g but i might just got for a 200+. My end tank as of right now is going to be 300+ for sure :D

I would say you are full. Ultimately it is your parameters that will tell you when you are way overboard because your trates will start rising faster than normal. I would not push it.

I just did a water test the other day and everything was 0. Im would like to slowly add a little more though. Anyone have some good tips on keeping a heavy stock tank?

You could only add one more fish at the most. What do you mean "slowly add more"? You're already pushing it

Putting too many fish in will cause problems with maintaining your parameters. It is good that they look good now, but adding more will increase your bio load. Doesn't matter how slow you add them. Its just that many more bodies producing that much more waste. It can also lead to stress on fish if they are territorial at all.

Yeah, I honestly know better then that. I Realize im already pushing the limits with the stock Ive got right now, and they all seem to be happy togeather. I really dont want my tank to take a nose dive, im just getting that one more fish bug. Thanks for nipping me in the bud guys, but it does mean one thing! Reason for another tank!!! Which is on the list for sure, or even better a plus when talking to the wife about upgrading to a bigger tank!

I really feel like im pushing it with these coral cats, on more then just one note. They were more of a impulse buy which I do know better 99% of the time, they do look great though.

One last question, then they cant archive this tread.

Adding more corals isn't gonna add to the bio load right, since they don't produce waste Correct?

Back
Top Bottom