Hydor reef skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ravden

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am almost ready to buy my skimmer for 30 gal. Last night I came across the hydor reef skimmer and nano version, does anyone have experience with these? It states the nano is good up to 35 gal so I'm thinking getting the larger one as overkill and it's a whole $20 difference any input or personal use of their skimmers let me know

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Guess no-one has tried one, lol well read up a little in them while I was stuck in bed for 2 day (back issue) all the reviews on Dr. Foster and such seem really positive and for a 30 gal I guess I could skip a skimmer bit would rather have over kill on my first SW. My main reason for intrest in this over the octo I was gin a have is all reviews say it is extremely quiet and has no possible way of watering the floor if something goes wrong.

All I've heard are good reviews. The nano version would pry be fine. It is recommended that you get a skimmer for twice the volume of your tank. However since nanos don't really need a skimmer, I don't think that rule applies really.

That's what I was thinking, big con of taking a corner up but they also means if it fails water stays in tank. Well if I go for that one then it's just LR sand water and I'll be cycling

Back
Top Bottom