Ich Suceptible Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

themangia1984

Aquarium Advice Regular
I know all fish are suceptible to ich and surgeonfish/tangs are considered to be ich prone but is there some list or article reference that summarizes what common kept fish are most/least suceptible to ich? Im sure this would be helpful tool to everyone that is starting off in the saltwater hobby?

To be extremely honest, all fish are susceptible. Fish are often exposed to various maladies via other diseased fish. Most predatory fish do seem to have a higher tolerance to resist such a parasite, but there is no fail-safe, which is why quarantine is a must.

Mandarins are pretty resistant and clown to a lesser degree. A ranking system would not be at all helpfull as just about all fish are susceptible given the proper condiitons.

Having gone through an outbreak 2 years ago I can tell you that a 30 day QT for all new fish, and a slow drip acclimation followed by a rinse in tank water that will be discarded for all inverts and corals has helped me keep my tank Ich free since that episode.

Back
Top Bottom