Joe's Juice for Aiptasia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jjh302

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone used joe's juice for aiptasia? It says inject in its mouth....Where exactly is it? Right in the center? Is this a good product to use?

Yes, it's in the center. I would put some in the mouth, then when it shrivels up, put more on the glob that remains.

How do I get the ones that are facing down? Or do I have to do the obvious and dismantle my rock?

You have to leave them, unless you want to pull the rock. This is going to be part of your weekly maintenance routine. Most of the time, when people are getting out of the hobby, it's because they did everything wrong and failed.

How about peppermint shrimp? I have a local coral farm called Pacific Aquaculture that sells them for $6.99. Do they do a good job? And how many would you suggest for my 96 gallon tank?

Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't. They are hit or miss. I have seen 6 of them wipe an infested 150 gallon tank clean in just a few days. It won't hurt to add a few of them. Just make sure what you are buying are peppermint shrimp and not camelback shrimp- the latter are not reef safe.

I've now been told by a pet store that skunk shrimp will also help with apitasia. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Ok I found the only lfs that has peppermint shrimp is petco. They are 9.99 and they have 3. They said they are small. Will this help? And will I still be able to use Joes Juice on the anems that I can get to and leave the rest for the shrimp? Last question... How do I tell the difference between the peppermint and the camel?

Peppermint-
Peppermint_Shrimp_ps.jpg

Camelback-
tumblr_lif7pxrAAJ1qf2ajzo1_500.jpg

As I said before, they may help. Yes, you can nuke the ones you can get to and hope the shrimp get the rest.

Is there a certain way to do it or do I just cover the head with it? And I'm assuming shut pumps and ph's off??

I have about 30 pieces in various places. Some I can't even get to.

UPDATE:

Joe's Juice is the best crap on earth. No injection required. Just a little dab on the face of the aiptasia and it shrivels up immediately! I had very large ones, about the size of a half dollar, and they instantly were gone. I can't say enough good things about it. I recommend this product to anyone with aiptasia in their tank. I got a little bit on my mushrooms and it didn't even phase them one bit!!

Back
Top Bottom