Just got a cube dont know what kind HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TinyPatFish

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone I just got a cube off craigslist the guy said it was a 14g nano/bio cube. Im new to saltwater so i dont know the difference so I want to ask YOU the professionals. Here we go the tank measures 16.5''x14''x15'', 4 filter compartments with different filtration media in 3 of them. Sub pump is a SP-160 120v, Dual water flow heads, 100w stealth heater. The lights in it are FT27w dual daylight FT27w dual actinic and 2 blue leds. I attached some pics to help out. Please help me figure out what I just bought, I paid $150 for everything. Was that a good deal? I can post more pics if needed. Thanks alot guys and gals...

Attachments

• IMGP0277.jpg
    IMGP0277.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 106
  • IMGP0281.jpg
    IMGP0281.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMGP0282.jpg
    IMGP0282.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 105
  • IMGP0283.jpg
    IMGP0283.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 100
Now that I looked into it I found a pic online that looks just like it and it says it is an aquapod. Thoughts???

Looks like a good deal. I have three tanks and I've been trolling craigslist for more and a biocube is on my list. Looks like yours is in pretty good condition too. What are your plans for it?

Idk yet im doing alot of research its my first saltwater tank so im going to take it slow. I will prob get some live rocks, corals and a pair of clown fish when the tank is up and running and cycled already. Any advice?

I just started my first sw tank too. I've got a 29gal with 48lbs live rock, an anenome, a zooanthid and a hammer coral. :) I'm so proud of my self.

Research is the key. thats why i dont have my fish yet. But I do know what I want now.

You doing the fishless cycling I assume? Theres some excellent articles on here about it

I have sand and live rock in the tank right now will it still be good to use it or should i get new stuff?

Did it dry out? The sand I believe should go. But if the rock was submerged from an operating tank it will be good to use.

Try looking on the tank for some branding/labels, it's not a biocube (I know, I own one :) ) and it doesnt look like a nanocube, so it is probably an aquapod.

but definitely take it slow, read the saltwater sticky on fishless cycling.

and a piece of advice that goes around frequently for SW beginners: Nothing good ever happens in SW fast

Sand should definitely go. Buy some new dry aragonite sand, live is a waste of money. The rock is usable but you should have been keeping it submerged in saltwater. If you didn't there will be some die off on the rock and the cycle might be longer. Good luck and keep us posted with lots of pics :)

Thanks for all the fast replies guys! I am actually not sure if it is live sand and yes i will keep uploading pics when i start up the tank, I still need to buy alot of stuff like all the chems and master test kit plus rock.

Glue some aluminum foil or get some aluminum sheeting or even matte white paint on the inside of the hood. It'll up your light by a lot, letting you keep some low-medium light corals in the future.

I already have metal that reflects everything also the splash gard that covers the entire inside of the hood.

Back
Top Bottom