Light question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willbratz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is my new aqua light pro 250. I noticed when turning on the actinic 96 watt bulbs the one on the left is blue and the other is maroon. Is this correct or is the maroon one going bad? I picked up the light for a mere 50.00 so if the actinic is burned out I'll just replace it.

Attachments

• image-4131905609.jpg
    image-4131905609.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 72
willbratz said:
This is my new aqua light pro 250. I noticed when turning on the actinic 96 watt bulbs the one on the left is blue and the other is maroon. Is this correct or is the maroon one going bad? I picked up the light for a mere 50.00 so if the actinic is burned out I'll just replace it.

The lines in the light, can you see them with your eye or is it just the picture?

It needs to be replaced either way I was just curious. Those lines are the gases in the tube. It's going bad and is on its way out the door. Just to make sure it's not the connection try the other bulb in that spot and see if it lights up as bright as it did in the previous spot.

Last edited:
No it's not an illusion the lines are there. So, your saying switch out the 96 watt bulbs with one another to make sure there's no internal issues?

willbratz said:
No it's not an illusion the lines are there. So, your saying switch out the 96 watt bulbs with one another to make sure there's no internal issues?

Yes, try the other bulb in the that side. If no issue then you know it's the bulb. It's most likely the bulb. The gases in the tube do that near the end.

Convict2161 said:
Yes, try the other bulb in the that side. If no issue then you know it's the bulb. It's most likely the bulb. The gases in the tube do that near the end.

Thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom