Lighting help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skifflexie

Aquarium Advice Freak
My friend is setting up a new tank, it's a 15gallon tall, he is redoing the lighting system, but doesn't know what type of lights to use. He wants to have easy low light beginner corals, and clown fish. Here are the lights that he's been looking at, any suggestions/recommendations? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430606954.021981.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430606972.108506.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I use true lumen pros(can't even think of one other keeper I know of though).
There are definitely cheaper lights as good out there and current customer support is POOR to say the best!(the transformers/power switchers SUCK!).
Please don't rush (or have your friend rush) to buy lights before a couple real vets have their say.
Always best to ask!
I do like my lights(the current true lumen pro's), but have out sourced replacement transformers and cursed their lying customer support too much to ever give them any more of my money!

Thanks, I'm interested too because I have an old 15g sitting around that I may turn into a saltwater tank if all goes well with his. I just got into saltwater a few months ago, as of now I have a 10g with some snails, starfish and an urchin, I have a 75g set up cycling, I haven't decided on livestock for it yet. Hopefully we get a lot of "old timers" to comment on this post lol, I'm excited to learn about lights, I don't know what a lot of the jargon is though, so hopefully they can "dumb" it down a little . :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom