looking for more live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevefromga2000

Aquarium Advice Freak
i am here in japan, and i seem to be having problems filling my tank with live rock. i am paying like 25 dollars for less than 4 pounds of rock. i don't know any way to get it shipped to this country and i'm almost positive that nobody will ship it priority for me, also it would probably die by the time it arrived here. anyways, does anybody have any suggestions on what i could do, or am i stuck paying the high prices?

That is about what it is here also. It looks like your spending about 6.00 a lb. I spent 8.00 a lb for my LR which is about 180 LBS. You do the math. I know it was expensive but I wanted to see and pick my LR so I paid up the nose at my LFS. It hurt at the time 9 yrs ago but it has healed now. :wink:

LFS here charges $9.99/lb for Florida Aquacultured, tonga, and fiji. Actually your prices aren't that bad. When I set my tank up I paid $7.99/lb for Florida Aquacultured.

Live rock was my largest expense in my tank.

well that does help ease my pain. i really do enjoy picking out my own rocks. the selection isn't that great when i go in, he only has one saltwater tank, but i do get to pick from about 7 to 10 different rocks at any given time on average. i usually like to pick the biggest ones that have a hole in it. i only have 4 rocks right now, and each of them have a hole for my fish to swim through and hide in. i guess than it's not so bad. thanks guys for the help.

Indyjay71, I suspect that is base rock. Steve, I think the price you're getting to be able to "cherry pick" is good. Is it cured?

I have seen LR up to $12.99/Lbs. My LFS sells for $8.

my rock is all ready once i get it home. i pick it out of the tank at the shop, bring it home, and then put it right into my tank. right away, i usually see stuff growing all over the rocks once in my tank.

Back
Top Bottom