Moonlight set-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amosora

Aquarium Advice Activist
Do i still need to turn it off at night? Thanks

Attachments

• image-1318253629.jpg
    image-1318253629.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 193
depends how bright it is. hard to tell from the picture, but i would.
what are you trying to accomplish with the moonlights? if they are just for your viewing pleasure, i'd shut them off when i went to bed.

my 125g has 6 blue moonlight led's, i usually shut off 3 of them when i go to bed...i love the ambient light they give off

are they 1 watt leds? just because they are leds, doesn't means they can sustain corals. i can't seem to find any information on the internet about aquazonic.

They produce 20.9 each set. I think these were from singapore. A friend of mine sent it over. Anyways i'll let you know if my corals died. But for now they look more healthy than before maybe because the lights now is not as hot as before.

Attachments

• image-44105277.jpg
    image-44105277.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 127
mr_X said:
20.9 what? 20.9 watts? how many lamps are in each fixture?

Lol :) what the watts sorry. 20.9 watts. 80 sunlight white & 20 a-blue. So i have 3 panels = 300 LED.

i doubt those fixtures can sustain corals. they are not even 1 watt LED. the little ornamental LEDs like the ones you have don't put out enough PAR i'm afraid.
just watch the color of your corals- if they start to fade or brown out, you'll need to upgrade in a hurry. I would especially be concerned about that clam.

huma-huma said:
How much did they cost? How many lumens they put out?

Almost USD 400 for the 3 panels. Regarding the lumens I'm not sure coz there was no indication in the box.

Back
Top Bottom