My 55 gallon reef..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bskerrichard27

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok I never realy did a build tread on this tank but wanna share my system with everyone to get new ideas and maybe help others to.So let me tell you a little about my reef .Equipment marineland 55 gallon tank with a 20 gallon sump with a dual overflow not sure which brand a reef octopus Diablo xs 160 skimmer pacific coast 280 chiller, two koralia 1050s bulk reef auto two part doser and bulk reef dual reactor gfo and carbon ,chato in sump on reverse light cycle corallife aqua light pro dual 150 watt 14000k metal halides aqua 15 watt uv mag float glass cleaner quiet one 4000 pump a DIY stand and canapy..My system is just about two years old ..about 120 lbs rock between dt and sump ..

Ok live stock is as follows one blue damsel ,a bicolor angel two paired true percs a snowflake eel a coral banded shrimp and misc snails and hermits...as for coral I have a hammer coral colony steady reproducing, a Kenya tree never realy done much in this tank a toadstool leather galexea coral bunch of red monti cap grows like weeds ,green monti cap a Duncan I just added today some kinda light blue purple looking monti caps and a few other corals I for get the names ill post pics ...

Thanks guys... Its came a long way from the metal stand and hob filter I had on it ...

The hammer I got about a year ago and the red monti is about six months old ...but the guy I got it from had it for a year ...I have fragged it twice so far it was getting real close to the front glass..

My green digi on the bottom ,the one on top I for get the name but when I got it was brown and never grew for like 6 months now its turning redish pink and finally growning ...

ForumRunner_20130705_214814.jpg

It has six heads ...got it from lfs traded some Xenia and Kenya tree frags for it...

Looks good! You might want to increase the light a bit down the road. That will really help those caps color up faster.

Well its getting close to bulb change out and at 50 a bulb I realy been considering leds ...So Mr x you think I need more than the two 150 mh I currently have ?

Ok so it would be in my best interest to upgrade to leds...Thanks for helping me make my choice.....I have my 75 that when I move I'm moving my contents over to how many of the taetronics leds do you think I would need...

2 would work perfectly. Acclimate slowly, as they are about 10 x as strong as your current lights at 100%.

Back
Top Bottom