my new blue hippo tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, they're very skittish at first. They usually get more tame after a while but they always remain at least a little nervous.

I've seen them wedge themselves into really tight areas in all kinds of crazy contorted positions. He'll do it alot at first. After he's more tame, he only do it when he's stressed or afraid, which is usually more often than other tangs.

you better watch out though.. my hippo tang, or pacific blue tang got wedged in a hole in the live rock and got stuck.. i didn't notice that he was stuck until he stayed there for a day.. i think he died of stress..

my pacific blue tang played dead on me and i almost killed the poor thing.
He was hiding in a hole in my liverock and i thought he was stuck.I grabbed him with a pair of tweezers and tried to pull him out.After a few pulls he finally started moving and i realized how stupid i really am lol.

only if my situation was like that.. kind of miss the fish... he was real fun to watch when he hide and emerge from time to time.. it's a real time killer when you're bored...

Back
Top Bottom