New 90g reef ready tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also could I swap the pipes around? So the overflow pipe will be where the pipe that feeds the sump is and vice versa? Its Just I don't want those 90 degree bends to restrict flow in any way.

IMO the pipe without the valve looks kind of short. Another inch and I would feel more comfortable no water will get spilled.

I would try to get my plumbing on the return as close to the water as possible you don't want water splashing or bubbling at all. In my expierience salt kreep will eat anything and everything

Sorry I should of said, I was gonna make both pipes longer so they are actually in the sump, knowing my luck with this tank I would of cut them to size and the plumbing would of been wrong haha
So apart from the short pipes, am I good to go? Thanks for the replies.

What kind of glue can I use to glue my pipes together? I'm guessing normal super glue is no good?

Just PVC primer and glue make sure it is dry it doesn't matter what brand just make sure its for the kind of PVC that u bought

Reef79 said:
Just PVC primer and glue make sure it is dry it doesn't matter what brand just make sure its for the kind of PVC that u bought

Ok thanks, I'll order some tonight, Hopefully get it before the weekend.

Came home to a nice surprise today, my lights have arrived :) also ordered my PVC glue, with any luck the tank should be up and circulating water by the end of the weekend.

Redesigned my plumbing today, I'll post some
Pics, if you see any problem with it please tell me
Now or forever hold your peace because I'm gonna glue it all together tomorrow lol.

If I were you I'd redesign the whole thing looks slightly wrong to me.
For one there's no water. And 2 I don't like the colour of the blue switch.
I hope this helped you out pm of you need further help lol

Steo the great said:
If I were you I'd redesign the whole thing looks slightly wrong to me.
For one there's no water. And 2 I don't like the colour of the blue switch.
I hope this helped you out pm of you need further help lol

Lol thanks for that mate, great help! I'll be sure not to pm you. Haha

Can you take it apart if you need to? I used slip-thread elbow's so i could unscrew the down pipe, this way i can remove the sump if needed.

Is that your input from overflow and the return from the pump side by side? If I'm not mistaken they should be at opposite ends of the sump do water flows across. If they are side by side then you defeat the purpose of having a sump.

Grizz said:
Can you take it apart if you need to? I used slip-thread elbow's so i could unscrew the down pipe, this way i can remove the sump if needed.

Yeah I can sort of take it apart, I can unscrew the one side of the ball valve if I need to remove the sump, I'll probably upgrade the sump later on down the road to a bigger one.

kdpuffer said:
Is that your input from overflow and the return from the pump side by side? If I'm not mistaken they should be at opposite ends of the sump do water flows across. If they are side by side then you defeat the purpose of having a sump.

The return pipe isn't in yet, the pipe with the ball valve is the pipe that drains the water from the dt into the sump the other is incase that first pipe gets blocked it can still drain the dt. Or am I wrong? Lol

mr_X said:
I would have skipped the ball valve. It's unnecessary.

I thought I needed one? When I upgrade the sump I could take it out then if it's not needed.

mrwizard said:
The return pipe isn't in yet, the pipe with the ball valve is the pipe that drains the water from the dt into the sump the other is incase that first pipe gets blocked it can still drain the dt. Or am I wrong? Lol

Alright, I just saw two pipes and assumed. It's looking good.

Back
Top Bottom