New Starter Fish List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JrMafia90

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
If you guys read my other posts I am setting up a 54 gallon corner tank. I just wanted to know what fish I should get, here is what I thought.

orgianlly 3 percula clowns but I heard that a even number is good so
2 or 4 clowns, which amount will be better?

blue hippo tang
yellow tang
royal gramma
and possibly long nose butterfly

are these good choices?
what would be good?
do they get along?

scratch the blue hippo tang they get too big and even if you dont care about that they tend to get itch in smaller tanks, ideal list for a 54 would be id say, 2 perculas, royal gramma, six line wrasse and possibly a yellow tang.. then say a cleaner shrimp a starfish or 2 and some snails and blue legs.. also a jawfish would be neat or a yellow watchman.

get the smallest ones they have that way they will develope into a pair. They will fight at first to determine which will be the dominate female. In a larger system you could get away with 2 pairs but in a tank that size its not a good idea to have more the 2 because of aggression and territory issues.
Add at the same time.
scratch the hippo

Actually scratch ALL tangs. THey should be kept in a 75 minimum.

I would get 2 clowns ( pair), 1 royal gramma, a watchman goby, and maybe 1 or two other similar sized fish.

My problem with the tangs is that they dont have any swimming room. In a 100+ tank they are long and provide plenty of length for swimming. The corner tank just doesn`t provide that.

Back
Top Bottom