online sites for LR & LS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DOLPH

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What are some good online sites to buy Live Rock and Live Sand?

I agree with Tecwzrd on the LS...just buy dry sand and a fair amount of LR (50% if your buy base rock) and you will be just fine!

I also agree on the sand. Buy dry and see if the LFS will give you a few hand fulls from an established reef to see it. My LFS has never had a problem doing this for me. Also, whn buying LR, see if you can find some Florida or Carribean aquacultured LR. It does not come from natural reefs and is loaded with life. I beleive liverockreef and tampabaysaltwater both sell it.

Sounds like pretty good advice to me on the sand also. Micah gave some excellent LR sites.

-I have looked at the Tampabaysaltwater site before and they have a cool list on what might come with their rock. I have never personally ordered from their, but if I could start again I probably would.

-I agree with everyones suggestions so far especially on the ls. Just wait or seed your tank with an established tank.

-Once you order please tell us what you received and the service of the site.

Back
Top Bottom