Painted tanks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshpwolf

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone have a ln in the wall tank with a painted back. I'm considering painting mine but I'm afraid that it will make tank maintenance hard. I have no access to the front side of the tank. Angeles opinions ?

Bummer I was hoping for some input. I may be better off letting it be. Or maybe tring a latex paint that would be easy to remove if it wouldn't work out.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Given the situation you may want to try something that is removal (just in case). May not look the best but it will give an idea of what maintenance is like without being able to see through the back pane.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You can always use a mirror

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

⏫⏫⏫⏫⏫ mirror can help the maintenance

personally i would try a black piece of fabric

I have an in wall painted tank. I access it from the work room. I just use a step stool so that I have a top down view of the tank. I also have the sides in painted so I can see into the tank from the sides.

I would not have an in-wall tank with no frontal access. How would you aquascape it? How would you place corals? If you had no other way I would try a solid background instead of paint.

Aquascaping it is easy. I set up my iPhone to view the tank from the front. Then I take my kids ipad to the back room with my and they are connected via FaceTime. I get live feedback as I arrange things without having to go back and around.

Aquascaping it is easy. I set up my iPhone to view the tank from the front. Then I take my kids ipad to the back room with my and they are connected via FaceTime. I get live feedback as I arrange things without having to go back and around.

if you ask me that sounds more of a big pain in the rear than its worth
front access would be best for maintenance , cleaning , decorating , adding/removing any fish ect
looking at a screen to see what your doing youll most likely mess things up as per fixing them
but thats just my opinion

It is definitely is a pain. I do my by moving something then walking around the front to see if I like it the back and forth until it's right. When I renovate my living room I'm going to try to set up a hidden door in the front to make it easier. Not sure how I will do it but I'm sure it can be done.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

if you ask me that sounds more of a big pain in the rear than its worth
front access would be best for maintenance , cleaning , decorating , adding/removing any fish ect
looking at a screen to see what your doing youll most likely mess things up as per fixing them
but thats just my opinion

It's not a pain. It's what I do. To each their own.

Back
Top Bottom