Pink Tip Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake337

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello everyone,
So today I purchased my very first anemone. I was wondering if anyone knew if ocellaris clownfish host pink tip anemones and if so is there a way to speed up the process?

Sometimes you just have to wait it out :) if you want you can put them both in a clear breader box and see if that works! I have seen many people do it that way :)

Thanks, I'll probably try that this week, hope it'll work :)

They like the bubble tip anemone and honestly when its comes to those type of clownfish it's up to each individual clown if they feel like hosting it or not, its a 50/50 so it will either host it or might not ever host it at all it's up to him , but hey good luck !!

Yeah thats true. Its only been a week so I hope something will happen in the future

Do you have a condy or bulb tip? I have a rbta. Its been in the tank for a little over a month and today is the first time I've seen my clown even look at it.

It's a Condy. I heard that clowns don't usually host then but it could happen so I'm crossing my fingers.

When I got my anemone the clownfish wouldn't host it for a while. What helps is taping a picture of a clownfish in an anemone outside the tank. I know it sounds crazy but it really helps. Leave it there for a little while. Should help

Condylactis are not generally clownfish hosts. They come from the Caribbean and clownfish originate from the IndoPacific.

That being said, as long as you didn't give them a map, they may give it a whirl. Anecdotal evidence seems to indicate that captive raised fish are less likely to adopt an anemone regardless. Some end up adopting corals and powerheads.

Yeah I think my clowns have hosted my powerhead. Thats where they sleep at night and stay most of the day. Throughout the day they do wander off and check out the anemone so I hope something will happen.

Back
Top Bottom