Question on circulation and water testing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamesthecowfish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi,

Q1,
I want to add an extra circulation pump to my aquamarine 900 (175L) tank, so that water circulates around the live rock (18 kilos) I have been looking at:

Koralia Evolution 900 Circulation Pump
900 Litres Per Hour
4.5w

&

Koralia Evolution 1600 Circulation Pump
1600 Litres Per Hour
4.5w

But I am not sure how much circulation I should have for my size tank. I have a baby cowfish (James) waiting for me at the fish store and these are slow moving and as I understand dont like fast moving water. along with this I shall be keeping peaceful fish that wont upset James.

Which pump do you think i'd be better of with? or can you advise on another? the last thing I want to do is put James in a whirlpool!!! But, at the same time I want to circulate the water around the rock.

Q2
I have the nutrifin mini master kit for tropical water, can I use this with saltwater or do you know if the tests are different? I only ask this because I was told they were the same however when I test the saltwater for amonia it seems to curdle in the bottom of the test tube

thanks for taking your time to read this xx

Back
Top Bottom