RAW Shrimp ........... wierd.......... ???????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

c0mf0rt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok.... I was staring at my tank waiting for something to pop out of the new LR I've put into my week old tank and I noticed that on the raw shrimp I'm using for cycling there seems to be something that looks like bubble coral on it...... now I know there's no chance it's bubble coral.... but what could it be???????

Thanks, Mike

coudl be any number of things. likely a bubble of gas/air trapped in slime from the shrimp. I wouldn't worry about it unless it starts to watch you :wink:

im sure that it is just the shrimp decomposing...my raw shrimp got pretty freaky looking after a week or two

I had this weird kind of transparent force field grow around my shrimp. It looked eerie and my wife refused to put her hands in the tank while the shrimp rotted. I also got a ton of these salt size bugs crawling all throughtout the "placenta". It was a neat biology experiment. The time it took for it to completely disappear floored me. If you ever want to get rid of a body, dump it in 80 degree saltwater.

soupy11 said:
If you ever want to get rid of a body, dump it in 80 degree saltwater.

I'll keep that in mind
sterb035.gif

Back
Top Bottom