redsea's 125g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
redsea said:
Another fish question! :-D

Will Gobies eat Coral Banded Shrimp? I ask because for shrimp I am planning on having one coral Banded, that is it. :)

My watchman goby never touched any of my shrimp. Of course- right now the only gobies that I have are engineers and they don't bother any of my shrimp (3 cleaners, 2 coral bandeds, 5 peppermints). I even just did a head count because I have never thought to look.

Another fish question! :-D

Will Gobies eat Coral Banded Shrimp? I ask because for shrimp I am planning on having one coral Banded, that is it. :)
Honestly i'd be worried about the opposite happening..CBS's can be mean little suckers..When i had one it chased after fish,ripped their fins and just harassed them constantly ..Then i got a trigger;)

FTMMWS said:
Honestly i'd be worried about the opposite happening..CBS's can be mean little suckers..When i had one it chased after fish,ripped their fins and just harassed them constantly ..Then i got a trigger;)

Really? Mine stay in their little corner of the tank and only come out when they want something. And these guys are huge. Their antennae are 6 inches long

Jlsardina said:
Really? Mine stay in their little corner of the tank and only come out when they want something. And these guys are huge. Their antennae are 6 inches long

Exact same with mine. He just hides behind rock with his antennae sticking out

I guess they're just like fish ,,everyone of them is different ..but i had a mean SOB,and have heard from others who had issues with them too...hope yours stay good

FTMMWS said:
I guess they're just like fish ,,everyone of them is different ..but i had a mean SOB,and have heard from others who had issues with them too...hope yours stay good

Maybe because I have a mated pair they are nicer? They never leave each other's side.

Forgot to include the picture again, lol.

Attachments

• image-3232063205.jpg
    image-3232063205.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 83
im going back and looking over all the links and resources i used to learn, and i keep thinking i rushed my set ups. at the time it seemed like it took forever. but really i wish i would have slowed down and taken the time to just let my tank sit empty. or just stair are a small cuc while my tank matured. not saying that im far along on my plan to finish my tank. just hind site being 20/20 and all that.

Does anyone have any experience orderering from bluezooaquatics.com? Were the fish/inverts/corals healthy? Did any diseases come with them?

Have you heard any really good and/or bad things about them?

:thanks:

Is this the right kind of ammonia? I sure hope so, LOL. :) It is from Ace hardware.

Attachments

• image-2886814865.jpg
    image-2886814865.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 95
redsea said:
Does anyone have any experience orderering from bluezooaquatics.com? Were the fish/inverts/corals healthy? Did any diseases come with them?

Have you heard any really good and/or bad things about them?

:thanks:

Thats where I order from all the time.

As for the ammonia, do I just add a little bit at a time until I am at 4ppm? Do you have any strategies? Thanks. :-D

redsea said:
Thanks, maybe I will give them a try. Do you know what their shipping rates are?

I think its 34.99 but they've got a rewards program. Orders over $140 is free shipping, orders over $200 is a free lawnmower Blenny or zoa frag, orders over $300 is free blue tang or yellow tang

I think its 34.99 but they've got a rewards program. Orders over $140 is free shipping, orders over $200 is a free lawnmower Blenny or zoa frag, orders over $300 is free blue tang or yellow tang

Awesome! So you have never gotten ich or anything like that before from them? I will QT anyway, but I just want to make sure they are as healthy as can be when they arrive. :)

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom