redsea's 125g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you guys think that the reason for ammonia could have been that there
Weren't enough surfaces for the beneficial bacteria to build up on? do you think me adding the base rock will help with that? Thanks!

Quick question :)

Would it be okay to wash out the rock in the rain? I already did some rock, but I still have some that still needs to be washed. :)

Just curious, thanks.

I wouldn't do it Red, depending where you live, your rain could be pretty contaminated....unfortunately.

I know this is crazy, but I just had to ask.

How would a Black Longnose Tang do in my system? How would he do without the Scopas? The reason I ask is because I may be able to acquire one.

This will most likely not happen, wanted to ask though!

They would fight... I tried it with my yellow and purple and they almost fought to the death. It was bad. I'm not a fan of the black tang anyways. Saw one that was big, not that great looking IMO. Go with a purple, a lot more attractive.

Thanks. I'll just pass on him then. :) He is labeled as aggressive also so that wouldn't be good.

redsea said:
Thanks. I'll just pass on him then. :) He is labeled as aggressive also so that wouldn't be good.

Probably a wise choice. I know someone with a purple and a black and they are always at it.

I have another question.

How long should I wait to purchase a clam? One would be okay under an AquaticLife 8 Bulb T5HO fixture correct?

Hi Qube!

I am sorry to say that all my tanks are gone. I discovered some things that scared me about the hobby so I decided to quit. I still really love fish though! :)

Hi Qube!

I am sorry to say that all my tanks are gone. I discovered some things that scared me about the hobby so I decided to quit. I still really love fish though! :)

I'm sorry to hear that... For what it's worth, you were a big help to me when I was starting out last year! I hope you have a great holiday!

Things are going well so far! Soon after my first reef (28g cube) I made the leap to a 75. I still have the cube going and it's doing great!

Back
Top Bottom