reef start up ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rob_mango

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok i have a 240 gallon sw tank that is going to house all my reef safe fish i was not planing on starting a reef tank but thay r so pretty what will i have to add to make it a great reef tank i was told i dont need some of the stuff that people try to sell u do i need a calcium reacter, and m/h lighting and anyother thing u can think of that i will need for it all info is welcome:confused::confused:

We need more information such as dimensions, style of reef (soft, sps, lps, or mixed), is it drilled (built-in overflows), etc? Do you have any equipment for it?

lots of the stuff you dont "need".. but almost everything is important in its own way.. iodine for instance.. will bring out the colors of the coral.. ext. ext. ext. Just like Innovator said though.. more info on what exactly your housing.. and what you think isnt "needed" lol

ok it is 8x2x2 bottom drilled i have a 55 gallon sump with a little gient pump (1200 gph) and a nu-clear canister filter with another pump of the same, 2 48in nova extrem 3 t5 lights with 2 cerculation pumps 300 lbs live rock 180 lbs live sand and i want mixed corals

Back
Top Bottom