Saltwater Setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bill.marshall

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm just starting to get into saltwater, I have a 75 gal drilled tank, sump, skimmer, I just picked up reverse osmosis system, tank has sand & dry rock, that's it. What can you recommend for testing equipment?

Thanks

I’d go with Salifert for your basic tests and alk, calcium and mag. Hanna ulr for phosphate. A refractlmeter for salinity w/ calibration fluid. I’m assuming you want this to be a reef right?

I’d go with Salifert for your basic tests and alk, calcium and mag. Hanna ulr for phosphate. A refractlmeter for salinity w/ calibration fluid. I’m assuming you want this to be a reef right?
a reef is with corals correct then no, I think I need to keep it simple for now..

Then just the basic kits for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH and a refractometer for salinity

If I wanted to convert my freshwater cichlid tank to salt would I have to remove all the Caribe Argonite substrates, or could I leave it? Thanks

I’d remove it as it’s probably full of nutrients at this stage. Plus the fw bacteria and other microbes in it will all die in sw. I guess you could clean it really well but I’d rather be safe than sorry and just start anew. Never know what nasties are in the sand and will cause algae issues in a saltwater tank

Back
Top Bottom