so i messed up...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adam_keene

Aquarium Advice Regular
i tested my water in the beginning of the first cycle and the ammonia levels were high so i added ammonia detox. Then i did a 50 % water change. 2 days later i tested the levels and my ammonia, and nitrite levles where through the roof!!!???? what do i do. Help me save my poor fish! ahh!!!

Remove the fish and let the cycle take it's own course. Your poor little fish dont have a fighting chance if your numbers are through the roof, Adding amonia detox, is kind of defeating the purpose of the cycle and prolonging it.

I would suggest removing all livestock as well and letting the tank cycle slowly and naturally. Doing water changes and adding chemicals will just make the process longer and is a waste of money. See if the LFS will take the fish back and start over.

yea unless that is your intention of letting the fish cycle out your tank and live a quick and miserable life then i would take them out of there and let your tank finish its cycle and stop adding any additives. if you dont have some live rock maybe you should consider doing so, i found out that it helped my tank settle down extremely quickly.

if you dont have some live rock maybe you should consider doing so, i found out that it helped my tank settle down extremely quickly.

Yes, no fish and live rock would definately help. It could cure in your tank and help the cycle along. If it is already cured or really fresh like Liverocks.com you may loose some life on it.

Good Luck.

i have 10 lbs of LR and have good filtration (penguin 330) and a protein skimmer... So should i take the LR out or keep it in?????

Back
Top Bottom