I have a good 20G tank running with 2 clown fishes, 30 - 35 pounds of LR
, 20 pounds of LS
, protein skimmer, 2 Maxijet 600 powerheads (total 360 GPH
I have some questions;
1. I've heard that anemones should be added when the tank is a few months old. My tank has a few types of coral growing in it. Would adding vew anemones later on affect my corals? I've heard that anemones damage corals on contact. If my corals grow around the tank, by adding an anemone, would i kill my coral?
2. My protein skimmer produces thounsands of air bubbles in the tank. It makes the tank look very busy and less attractive. Is it how protein skimmers work or is there anyway to stop these bubbles from coming into my tank?
3. My powerheads seem powerful for my little tank. I don't know if i should leave them on at night because i think i should let the water stay calm at night so the fishes could sleep. Am I right or should i just leave them on?
4. Which brand of salt should i buy?
It's kind of a newbie question but it wouldn't hurt if u tell me XD. I've been buying SW
from a LFS
5. I have some diatoms growing on my glass, mostly near the sandbed. I have 3 turbo snails but they don't seem to eat the algae on the glass that much. Instead they keep crawling on my LR
, knocking my frags of corals off. Any suggestion of what other species i should get? I was thinking of some nudibranches but what kind since i've heard each kind eats each different food.
6. My sand bed is alittle filthy right now. Not b/c of algae but fishes' waste. They are kinda big so the filters couldn't pick them up. Which species of cleaning crew would get rid of these wastes? or how would i get rid of them?
7. My water evaporates over time, the guy at the lfs
said i could add tap water (i have RO
water at home) to the tank; no need to add SW
. Is this true?
That's all for now i think. Thanks you guys lots and lots in advance. Sorry for the long post but i just want to keep my fishes and inverts happy