Start up , Cloudy Water , Ozone , Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Odabit

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have just started a new 200+ gallon shark/ray tank. I have added the sand. I used pool filter sand and some mason sand. I washed both very very well before adding to empty tank. I filled the tank with tap water and added API Stress Coat to condition the water. It was cloudy a bit and after 24 hrs it had all settled. With the pumps running. I added Instant ocean salt mix to the sump and it dissolved quickly and made the tank a little less clear than prior to adding. I waited 48 hrs and the water was clear again. The salt level was 1.024 and holding. I then added API Stress Zyme per instruction . The water was clear for about a week and has developed a green hue and is becoming cloudy. The tank is set up in a room with no windows and I have run the 2 x 30 watt florescent lights for 12 hrs a day. Is the cloudiness a normal stage in the cycle of a new tank. Should I add a ozone system? And are the lights I have enough for a Fish only tank.
I am also setting up a 55g for quarantine tank and would like some advice on how to set it up. I have a wet dry for it and thats about it? What kind of lighting is good for them?

Back
Top Bottom