starting a reef, send help and advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thats a cool little nano. The smallest I ever wanted to deal with was a twenty, my buddy had a ten. Besides a hob for water movement just did water changes every week and it was pretty stable. It was funny I could always know how the water quality was doing by how perky my xenia's were.

Yes I was the one that recommended them to you. I live back behind Manchester HS in Chesterfield. I like fish world better but shop at Richmond aquam. more because it`s closer. Joe and Scott are two good LFS guys.

oops sorry, i forgot which one of you reccomended :( btw loved your tank, its pretty amazing, and ill have to see it in person some time, got any small frags you want to sell? my zoas are getting lonely

so.. tank update, everything doing well, featherdusters popping up everywhere including in one of the snail's shells haha. i will definitely need to be getting a new light, right now i just have a 14w flourescent on it, one of those curly energy savers that fits into the standard desk lamp. i think i may go with a screw in coralife 50/50 20w, since it fits in a standard desk lamp as well, dont have time to build a hood just yet. anyone have any lighting suggestions for a 2gallon? thanks much

anyone have advice on what kind of corals to keep with zoas in the lighting i said that are pretty basic and easy to care for? thanks

update:

the 2g has now become a 10g AGA and will eventually become a 10g with 2g sump when i have some money and time. Its running a powerhead pro3 with around 150-260 gph- thats what the box said anyway, i got it from a guy who had it in the box for three years and it runs great, and the ac20 with lr and a whisper 10 that came with the tank with a sponge, and i added a piece of baserock about 7 or 8 lbs and a bag of aragonite-15lbs and added my 2g stuff to seed it all. Its been a few days and it looks great all my stuff is still alive, added that a day after i switched it all out, and now i need to get some better lighting, just got a 20w 18'' coralife bulb that came with it all....suggestions for lighting?

thanks

Back
Top Bottom