Thinking of going bigger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melissajk

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been in this hobby since December 2013 and I'm hooked. I started out with a 18 gallon AIO cube tank. I had that 18 gallon for 2 months. Then In February I upgraded with a 50 gallon cube, with a sump that I found on craigslist.
I was looking at CL again and came across this 75 gallon tank. I wanted to get your advise on it. 75 gallon Salt Water Fish Tank with live rock and inverts.
Please let me know what you think. I'm kind of a impulse buyer and I may be making a mistake.:facepalm:

I would skip that one if I were you. It's not a terrible deal but it doesn't look like it was very well maintained. And there are always better deals on craigslist.

I think if you got them down on the price it might be more worth it. I would want to know more about the brand of skimmer and return pump, lights, etc.

Poor Tang too..."it's beat up" when there is nothing aggressive in the tank? It is classic "it is in a too small tank" and/or malnourished.

All impulses ARE mistakes.

I agree that most of the time they are. I'm impulsive at times and have had a few success stories. Something like this is worth waiting for though. Get a good tank at a good price. You are going to want to upgrade to a 120g next, so I suggest skipping the 75g step and just go big! :) My 75g kept me happy for about 6 months and then came the 240g.

Thanks Todd, I think you're right. I will want to go bigger than the 75 later on. I think I will keep looking and learn about keeping corals. I love this forum I have learned so much!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm just that way. Whatever I have, I want bigger or better within months. I just started my 60g reef cube, which I have always wanted to do, but already am thinking "not enough room for all the corals I want" and am already eyeballing my 240g which I had wanted to do FOWLR. :)

I agree that most of the time they are. I'm impulsive at times and have had a few success stories. Something like this is worth waiting for though. Get a good tank at a good price. You are going to want to upgrade to a 120g next, so I suggest skipping the 75g step and just go big! :) My 75g kept me happy for about 6 months and then came the 240g.

No truer words ever spoken !!! I got a phone call at work from a great friend one day. He told me he already made one call and I was number 2 on a list of 5. Whoever got to his house first with a bunch of strong guys to move the 265g is the new owner. I stopped the job I was on and left before the rest of my crew. They cleaned up and met me an hour later. Guy # 1 was walking in the front door as the tank was going out the back door. It's still in my garage as I'm renting and no way will the 3rd floor support it ??. So next July another move into my own place and in it will go. Then the next question. SW or adult Discus ?

Back
Top Bottom