Tonys 75gl Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone ever have fire shrimp? Same as cleaners just cooler?

Mr. D said:
Anyone ever have fire shrimp? Same as cleaners just cooler?

They are a type of cleaner. Nocturnal. Won't be seen cleaning as much as skunks tho depending on the tank type

Yeah, I really like them but I'm not sure if my melanarus wrasse would be okay with one

Mr. D said:
Yeah, I really like them but I'm not sure if my melanarus wrasse would be okay with one

Im debating the same thing i have a melanarus also i think it be ok long as wrasse is fed enough

everyone I know that's into fish is telling me to switch to royal nature or tropic Marin(not sure of name). Has anyone used these salts?

I'm currently using IO and having no problems but both of these companies use pharmaceutical grade elements&chemicals.. U guys think its worth the $$$

Mr. D said:

My melanarus hasn touched my camel shrimp thats a good sign

Okay, that's great... I'll be giving it a go then soon

My hammer coral is splitting again.. Is this normal for them to split so often?

It's hard define normal and abnormal when it comes to growth. It's all dependent on the individual tank. If its splitting that means its growing which means its happy which means your doing a good job.

Okay, thanks... I just switched to Red Sea Coral Pro from IO about 2-3weeks ago so I guess that confirms the switch was a goon one :)

Just bought a tourch coral... You guys think it would do fine about 16inches from my T-5HO light. AquaticLife 4-bulb

I think that would be an ok distance. I keep mine at that height under t5ho but I have a six lamp that is weakened some by my screen cover.

Okay, thanks I threw him on a low rock with lighter flow and so far so good but we'll see in a week or two

Got a mystery wrasse on hold at my LFS $65. Hope he eats by saterday. Couldn't pass up this so the shrimp may get the boot from the list

I went in today and he was going nuts on the food so I picked him up today as well as an MP40

I went in today and he was going nuts on the food so I picked him up today as well as an MP40

I have a MP40 on my 75 as well. I absolutely love that thing!! If it's your first one, get ready for the fun of playing with the modes!

Back
Top Bottom