Very confused, Starting New

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richie6

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Looking into purchasing Aqueon 36g Bow Front Aquarium and starting a FOWLR salt water tank. With everything that comes with it as a kit ( Tank, Quiet Flow 30 Power Filter, Large Filter Cartridge, Deluxe Full Fluorescent Hood, Submersible Heater (200Watt)), do I need to change anything (heater, filter, etc)? I know I will have to add a Power Head (possible 2) due to size of tank.

Also, would anyone recommend adding the Live Sand and Live Sea Water (such as Nutri Sea Water), if not any recommendations?

I have been doing research here and other online places, but this is all brand new to me. So any help is greatly appreciated!

That will be just fine for a fowlr system. Check out liveaquaria.com in the nano fish section for stocking ideas.
I use caribsea sand due to convenience. You will want 1 lbs of rock, be it live or macro, per gallon. You can mix your own water easily as well, no need to spend all your money on water. The 10% weekly water changes can add up.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You will want 1 lbs of rock, be it live or macro, per gallon. You can mix your own water easily as well, no need to spend all your money on water. The 10% weekly water changes can add up.

Thanx for the info. I will plan on the rock. When starting tank up for the first time, should I add the rock the same time as the sand and water?

Rock then sand then water. Scape the tank before you add sand or water. Make sure you love the layout then add the sand and then the water. Tank will look like milk for a couple days but that's fine lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom