wanting to start marine reef tank need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
iheartmyed9 said:
Also I've heard a 55 gallon is a good starting point correct?

Bang for buck a 55 is the best option. My rule of thumb is always get the biggest and best for budget.. also don't know if you are aware but petco has sales regularly for a dollar a gallon in which the tank will only run you 55 bucks , however with that said I've only ever known them to carry up to 55 gallon.

jsmith said:
Bang for buck a 55 is the best option. My rule of thumb is always get the biggest and best for budget.. also don't know if you are aware but petco has sales regularly for a dollar a gallon in which the tank will only run you 55 bucks , however with that said I've only ever known them to carry up to 55 gallon.

I got a 55 gallon tank and if there sale is coming up again I might do a sump and refugium with a couple of 40b tanks, I figure if I buy everything piece by I can make for a lot nicer set up.

The Petco $1/gal sale lasts until the 21st, thats what they told me at the store at least.

Or possibly the eshopps R100 refugium? Heard it was pretty good. Fairly cheap too. What do some of yall pay a week in RO/DI water? Do you have your own purification system or do you buy from LFS?

I'm using an Aqueon ProFlex Model 3 sump right now and it seems like it's working well. I'm also buying an RO/DI unit today actually. Cheaper in the long run and easier than buying the water elsewhere IMO

skywhitney said:
I'm using an Aqueon ProFlex Model 3 sump right now and it seems like it's working well. I'm also buying an RO/DI unit today actually. Cheaper in the long run and easier than buying the water elsewhere IMO

I saw the aqueons too but the eshopps was cheaper, and I'm not looking for modular just want a pre built refugium.
Do they come with a pump? I'll get a over flow from the site mentioned earlier.

Back
Top Bottom